Giving treats to horses has advanced beyond carrots, apples and sugar cubes. We love to give our horses treats so why not offer them a variety of flavors. You may find that by trying a few different kinds of treats, you will discover the flavor your horse truly loves. Here is some helpful information to use when selecting a new treat flavor for your horse.
- Banana (can be fed with the peel)
- Watermelon + rind
- Broccoli (?) can cause gas, otherwise feed in tiny portions
- Cauliflower (?) can cause gas, otherwise feed in tiny portions
- Any member of nightshade family (peppers, etc.)
- Potato (peels are said to be toxic)
- Sweet potato (?)
#3: What flavors do horses prefer?
- 2cups Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 2 chopped Apples (substitute any kind of crunchy fruit or veggie here)
- 1/2 cup dried Mango
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1 cup Rice/wheat bran